Wednesday, March 25, 2009

Chance, at it Again and another So this is what it's like



Yep, Chance is at it Again. This is his latest uh.........sculpture. For those of you who don't know. Chance spends an undisclosed amount of time finding random objects around the house to build himself.


I woke up this morning to this:


Roger:(in a sweet husband voice, Whatever that means As he points towards the back door) "I have a surprise for you."
Me:(Clueless)HMM?
Roger:(Again)"I have a surprise for you!"
Me:(thinking, It's to early for my Birthday or Mothers Day, and it's to cold to plant anything, and who would have left something inside my back door......... I finally spy the dirty purple bucket sitting in my laundry room.)
Roger: (Pointing into the bucket) "I really didn't think it would make it through the night."
Me:(not very happy) "Why did you bring it home Lamb milk's so expensive it's cheaper to let them die."
Roger:(Ignoring my whining)" I really didn't think it would live."

Now, Don't think I'm heartless. You have to understand. I've raised many doggies and I've babied each one and loved each one and I've even spent 1/3 of each hour today taking care of this little lamb so it nearly breaks my heart every time one dies. Now, I would say out of every 4-5 doggies only one will survive, and normally that's worth it both financially and emotionally, but the way things are now it costs more to raise doggies then to not.

As far as emotionally well........."And if it so be that ye should labor all your days......and bring, save it be one soul unto me, How great shall be your joy...."

D&C 18:15

I would never turn any Doggie away. I think that Roger knows that. That's why he just keeps bringing them home and ignoring my premature,broken hearted whining.

4 comments:

Adams Family said...

Let us know if he makes it. I thought Chance's sculpture was the surprise at first.

Techno Grandma said...

Chance amazes me. You know, of course, that preschoolers only draw heads and legs on their pictures and their drawings and the detail they can include are what their intelligence is measured by. He's pretty smart.
The lamb is cute too. Hope it makes it!

Julie Harward said...

Chance's great imagination and skill will bless your lives now and forever! Just think what he will do in the future!
The sweet lamb.."the one"..who needed your help..what a blessing to you to follow the Savoirs example, to be a good sheperd. Do you remember a few years ago, the little lamb I found up at the post office? You took that one too and took care of it. The Lord knows who his good sheperd's are!

Boy Mom said...

I love Chancee's imagination.
I hope the baby makes it, does it sleep in the house? It's funny to me how Roger talks tough but is probably more tender then you are.