Well, After the salsa I tried Relish, then I made a green tomato cake, and then I tried a green tomato Jam.
The cake took first believe it or not
See there really are green tomatoes in it.
The relish came in second with the salsa a close third. The Jam hmmmm I'm not sure it comes in at all but, I did reserve a small corner of my fruit room in the very back corner for the 8 pints I got. Not my favorite.
I really Liked the Cake and so......For those of you out there as crazy as me. Here the recipe.
Green Tomato Cake
- 4 cups chopped green tomatoes
- 1/2 cup unsalted butter (I used low fat margarine, That's all I had)
- 2 cups sugar( I used Brown, I just thought it sounded better)
- 2 eggs ( I used fresh eggs, that's all I had)
- 2 cups flour
- 1 tsp each of cinnamon, cloves, nutmeg
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1/2 cup chopped pecans (my favorite Part)
- place finely chopped tomatoes in a bow land cover with salt for 15 minutes
- Drain, RINSE WELL. cream butter and sugar, add eggs one at a time.
- Beat until creamy.
- add dry ingredients and nuts.
- Fold in tomatoes.
- pour into a greased 13x9 pan.
- Bake at 350 for 40 minutes.
- Cool and frost with cream cheese frosting.
- 12 large servings.
Don't miss out on this great cake!!!!!
It really is good!