Thursday, September 11, 2008

Crazy Ideas




So, I got home after dropping off the kids at school and, of course, crossguarding, and decided, spur of the moment, to prune my bushes. Now I wish I'd of done a before shot, but oh well. I sat and stared at the bushes for awhile trying to see some hidden figures in them just waiting for my creative touch to help them emerge, but that didn't happen so I just started pruning. Now I know it's not obvious right now but the 2nd picture and the bush on the viewers left is supposed to look like a cute little stuffed dog laying flat on its belly. I know, I know you can barely even tell that it's still a bush but oh well as the years go by and I continue to prune the shape will hopefully continue to form. The 1rst picture and the bush on the viewers right is supposed to be a worm or snake (sigh). and the middle bush is a square, my best piece I'm sure. Ah well, It was a great project and I sure enjoyed myself. I've found that now that it's fall and the weathers getting colder just when everyone who loves yard work is getting ready for winter and those that hate it are looking forward to winter I'm just barely able to really start on yard work because of having a new baby.. So I should really be ready for next spring.















7 comments:

Felicia said...

very cool! I've always loved those trees/bushes. They remind me of Dr. Suess trees :o)

Anonymous said...

This is Grandma--my scotty dog needs shaping up!qyvradt

Felicia said...

I don't have your e-mail so I'm replying to the comment you left on my blog.

You'd think...that if I'm so obsessed with a clean house...that it might be clean once in awhile...

Adams Family said...

I can't believe you got a response from Mom.

Boy Mom said...

I too can't believe you got a comment from Mom. Guess we know who she loves best!!!
I think you should tell everyone that your bushes ate a herd? of hippos napping in the river. That's what i thought they looked like.

So how did I do on the shirts?

Boy Mom said...

Uhh, ate is supposed to read are. Is it a herd of hippos? pack of hippos?
pod? gaggle? gang? covey?

Anonymous said...

Mom says "Come on you guys! the crazy letters after my comment are a dead giveaway that I have no idea what I'm doing."