Tuesday, September 2, 2008

As They Grow

Before
After
It really dosen't seem possible to me that my boys are growing up so fast. Today

Roger called and told me to get Braden, 11 years old, and have him drive our little tracker from the lower field, where he'd left it, to the field in the lane about 10-15 miles away and part of the way on a paved road. So, as I followed behind praying that he wouldn't end up in a metallic heap along side the road, I kept telling myself over and over "He'll be OK. He'll be OK" and reminding myself about the time I followed him down the highway as he drove the tractor through the lane when he was 10. Why do Dads think the only way to learn is to jump in and do?

Oh all right I guess That is a good way to learn, but for heaven sakes, Why do the Moms have to supervise? SHEESH!












1 comment:

Felicia said...

I love your poem at the bottom!

I grew up on a farm and my brothers started driving the tractors when they were 11 also.