Sunday, February 15, 2009

Oh My Heck!!

That's right. Oh my heck!!! I can't believe what I've just done.

Well........Maybe I can believe it, but I'm still appalled(I spell checked it and it says that it's spelled right)
Last night I was up most of the night with one child who decided to go to sleep at 5:30 P.M. and would not wake up no matter what I did with him. (Uh huh, the three year old.) and I was up with the baby who is experiencing her first cold. poor little thing. then I had to get up early because, though I had read and re read the lesson I had to give in R.S. today I hadn't sat down and actually prepared it. So, I'm tired. It's 9:30 P.M. all the kids are finally down and I thought, well, I'm just going to brush my teeth lay down and probably zonk. But, before I make it to the bathroom The three year old looks up at me with a look of slight fear and guilt as he says "Uh Mom, I pead." (He has been my hardest kid to potty train) "And the couch is wet" So after taking care of that problem. I head, once again to the bathroom a little more tired and flustered then before.
I'm guessing that because of just dealing with Chance and that whole episode it must have tainted my next moves. I went into the bathroom sifted through the toothbrushes picked up one put toothpaste on and proceeded to brush my teeth. I finished up, put the tooth brush away and picked up the dental floss. That's when it hit me. I had just brushed my teeth with the wrong toothbrush. (Yes, to me that is appalling) I'm usually accompanied by uh... the three year old when I go to brush my teeth and have to find his tooth brush first and help him well, he was in on the chair by the wet couch. Having fallen to sleep while watching me clean up the couch. Sigh.... I think I'll go to bed.

Even the fifteen minute nap I got earlier today was interupted by a sweet little voice whispering "Mom, Mom,"(and then much more urgently)MOM! can you help me?

I'll never understand why someone whispers at you when your asleep. It does the exact same thing that yelling at the top of your voice would do....That is wakes you up.

Ahhh the life of a mother.

No comments: