Monday, March 31, 2008

Chancee's dilemma


The other night,after all the dishes were done and dinner was cleaned up from, I sat down on the couch to work on my cross stitch. No, I don't have a lot of time to cross stitch, but I have done one for each of my children with their name birth date and birth weight on it. So there I sat with my pattern book in my lap as I worked on the bunny I'm doing for the baby. As I sat there Chance came up to me and started looking at the patterns which were on the page that I had open. He told me the names of each of the animals on the page as I worked. Then he got quiet as he just sat there for a few minutes just looking at the pictures. All of the sudden. He looked at me and said "Mom, What happened?"

"What do you mean?" I asked him

Again "Mom, What happened?'

"I don't know what happened" I curiously replied.

"Well" says Chance "Let's turn the page and find out!"

It seriously amazes me how smart kids are and the things they learn by the time they are two years old. Who'd a thunk that a two year old would understand the whole concept of a book. and that by the end of the book the "what happened" part of the book would be solved. I'd like to say it's because I read to him all the time. But I don't. At least not any more than I read to the rest of my kids.

So, anyway, the experiences such as these and Aubree's story (see below) Make raising Children well worth it. At least that's how I feel.








1 comment:

Boy Mom said...

Chance is so cute, children are so incredibly brilliant. Seeing their brilliance makes parenting a joy.