Thursday, April 12, 2012

I must be Growing up.

ten years ago, With two young boy's ages 5 and 4, I remember one day after sufficiently reprimanding them for something, I'm sure they'd done wrong. I looked in the mirror and said what every young mother must do at some point in their young motherhood, I said, "Uhg, you sound just like your mom." I remember thinking that I had planned not to ever sound too, much like my own parents.
Two weeks ago I was sitting on the couch watching general conference when I found myself again gently reprimanding a son. One of those same two.( only now he's almost 14) After my quiet correction I found myself thinking....."I hope I sound like my Mom" That's when I snickered at myself and thought "I must finally be growing up."
I've realized that I am who I am because of my mom's words and teachings. Now, my deepest desires help me to know that her teachings have blessed my life immeasurably and I pray that I can help my children get to a point in their own lives where they stand looking in the mirror and say to themselves " Uhg, I'm starting to sound like my Mom."

It's really not such a bad thing, after all. =)

3 comments:

Jenny said...

Oh you're such a suck up! ;) I'm just teasing. I hope I grown up and am just like mom too!

Adams Family said...

My kids already sound like their mom and I'm not sure I always like it. But I am working on it. I don't mind sounding like your Mom though. She is awesome.

Suz said...

There not a darn thing we can do about it, we WILL grow up to sound like our parents. This can be good or bad. In your case good your mom is awesome.

Luvs
Suz