Sunday, December 20, 2009

Caib's Comments

This is quite a kid. He never is completely comfortable until he gets into the saddle. He's quick thinking and has a sense of humor that takes some getting use to.

Bed time is at 9:00 pm. We say family prayers, and then I walk downstairs with the kids an tuck them all into bed. I have to admit, it's always a bit of a relief when I finally get everyone to bed and have a few minutes to breath. Especially today after listening to Caib ask over and over : "How come the week before Christmas always takes soooooo Looong!!!!!!! Do I have To go to school Monday? Mom, Can you just call my Math teacher, Please?"

"What the heck? Why should I call your math teacher?" Says I

"To tell her not to give me any homework" Is his reply, and it's in the most serious tone you can imagine. I almost think he is serious.

But tonight as I was tucking him in was the best, because he was serious, and I couldn't help but admire the way he's decided to handle this next "LOOOOONG" week. He'd laid down in bed and I was pulling the covers up over him when he says: "Oh Wait." He jumps out of bed and begins setting his alarm clock as he says, "I'm gonna set it earlier so I can get up earlier and get tomorrow over with."

Now, why didn't I ever think of that when I was a kid?

Thanks, Caib, for the great attitude!!

2 comments:

Julie Harward said...

WHAT A GOOD KID, THAT ATTITUDE WILL TAKE HIM FAR! I FEEL THE SAME WAY..THIS LAST WEEK IS A LONG ONE! Come say hi :D

Boy Mom said...

Brilliant, wish I had thought of that.

This weekend was a remote control mad house!!! Thanks! They loved it.

My Mooses or is that meece are out in my back yard where I can smile at them each day as I do the dishes.