Sunday, January 10, 2010

Ringing of the Bell


We are extremely Lucky here in this little town. My most favorite thing about it is that the first thing you see when you finally catch a glimpse of town, as you come over the mountain, is the Churches steeple and then the church it self. I love that the biggest building in town is the church. In that beloved building right up in the top of the steeple is a beautiful, old bell.
Today was a neat day for me...

Church begins at 10:00 AM It was 9:25 AM When I stepped out on my front porch and snapped this picture of my three boy's. They are on their way over to the Church. We live a block away from the church. Caib is 11 years old and will turn 12 in just a few months. In our ward the next boy to turn 12 gets the assignment to ring the bell each Sunday Morning at 9:30. Since Caib is the next boy to turn 12 It has now become his assignment. This was his first Sunday. Braden has already had his turn so he was asked to take Caib over to the church and show Caib what to do. Chance, being Chance and Caib Being Caib is the reason Chance got to go along and help ring the bell.



So I again stepped out on the front porch as soon as the bell began to ring. and filmed um... well.... nothing really except my view from my front porch just so you could hear the bell ring.

But, The neat thing, that made the bell ringing so special, was this: Aubree will be getting baptized this year so She and I went over to the church tonight, met Roger and went to the Baptismal preview, where all the 7 year olds learn about baptism and what it is like. The councilor in the stake presidency finished the preview and told the children that because this year was so special for them he wanted them to do something special to remember this year. With that he took all 20-25 kids up to the steeple and let them each have a turn ringing the bell.

I'm not sure if you can tell from the little movie how neat it is to hear a bell that big but it really is something neat. So...If you happen to be in our little town on a peaceful Sunday morning, don't forget to step outside and listen for the crystal clear and crisp sound of our beautiful bell.

7 comments:

Julie Harward said...

THAT IS SO WONDERFUL THAT ALL THE 7 YEAR OLDS GOT TO GO RING THE BELL! THATS THE THING I LIKE ABOUT SUNDAY MORNINGS AND THE LOA CHURCH HOUSE..JUST LOVE THE BELL RINGING! SOME GOOD PICTURES HERE TOO AND A GREAT FEELING! (Thanks again for sharing your poem, I have told people about you and everyone is loving the poem! )

Adams Family said...

I am so glad that you recognize how extremely lucky you are. Because of your post I am going to focus more on how lucky I am.

DrGooch said...

Your town hasn't forgotten. Thanks for leading the way.

More Joy in "The Service" said...

I remember all of those great Sunday mornings when we heard the bell ring.
I love the pics!!

Boy Mom said...

My favorite thing in Loa is Loa, and my second favorite thing is you and how much you love Loa.

Rachel Coleman said...

Wow, I haven't felt so nostalgic in a LONG time. I love Loa! I really need to find my way up there sometime and visit you guys. It's been SO long. I can't believe how much your kids are growing up...I'm sure you say that to my mom a ton! =) Good luck with everything!

Lewaina@cliffsideranch said...

:-) I love the picture with your sons walking to Church.
The bell IS awsome! ( I'm having a little bell envey here!) LOL
Enjoy your day.
Mercy