Thursday, September 10, 2009

When I Grow Up I Wanna be.......


I Had a good friend ,as I was growing up, that could play the piano reeeally well. I wanted to be able to play like her so I asked my mom if I could take piano lessons. I have a great mom!! If I ever showed any interest in something she always let me try it. So I began taking lessons. My piano teacher must have been an excellent teacher(I don't remember practicing much) Last year we aquired a piano, nothing fancy mind you, but it plays and sounds alright. So I sat down at the piano and started picking through the hymns, then I found some free sheet music on the internet that I figured I could play and went to work. Well, I aint that great but I'm sure having fun.


And I still think I wanna be able to play the piano when I grow up.


So now I have Aubree taking piano lessons. She tends to whine and complain about practicing, like any good child, but she'll sit for hours and look at the new disney song book I bought and dream of the day she can play the songs in it.


So, for all you music teachers out there is that good enough reason to put up with the whining?

2 comments:

Julie Harward said...

I wish I could play, I can't even read notes. I took when I was little, but the teacher scared me to death, I got all mixed up, then stopped. Good luck with all of it for you and Aubree :D

Idaho Beagleys said...

OK, coming from a piano teacher.YES put up with the whining. She will be happy later. AND she'll be able to pick up on some of those Disney favorites real quick.
PS I may have played the piano but I had a friend that I sure wish I could beat at a foot race. (Never happened.) Good thing we all have our talents. Keep playing friend.