Wednesday, January 16, 2008




Yes! This is a picture from last summer. One of our favorite things to do in the summer is to go up to Big Rocks( an area where there are litterally thousands of huge rocks scattered over a couple of miles) and just climb rocks soak in the sun and enjoy summer. I'm missing summer. Or should I say I'm missing heat. For the last couple of weeks I think the average temperature has been oh I'm guessing 0 degrees. I'm so tired of it. It was so cold last night my poor milk cow, who has been sick anyway finally died.


Poor thing she calved in the spring and we never could get her health back. We spent months going out every day and helping her stand up, using the tractor, but she just never did get better.

I'm sure she'll be missed by more then just us, too. Last summer she stood in her pen and let about 50 of my nieces and nephews try to milk her. She was really a good cow. I'm glad she's not suffering anymore.

Well I'm heading off to my boy's basketball game. I'm their coach so I'm kinda supposed to be there. It's a lot of fun to watch them play. I'm planning on taking my camera to try for some pictures. I'll post them for you when I get a chance.













1 comment:

Boy Mom said...

Tear, poor cow. We should all observe a minute of silence then go drink milk and dunk Oreo's.