Wednesday, December 19, 2012

Merry Christmas



Santa showed up at our house, That jolly old ELF!!


Still, The Christmas Star

“I see it, Mom,” Came a little voice from the back seat of the car.
It was cold and dark as we travelled home, the distance not too far.

“It’s a pattern in the stars, Mom,” He voiced from the back.
“It doesn’t change it’s always there. I’ve watched and I’ve kept track.”

“See, Mom, right above us,” he said, his voice filled with awe!
“I can see the very thing that those three wise men saw.”

“The Christmas star is up there, shining bright to guide our way.
It’s leading us back home mom,” I heard his tender voice say.

Emotion overcame me as I glanced towards his face,
He was staring into heaven. The stars were shining in their place.

How profound my little child, such wisdom for his youth.
Yes the stars in heaven guide us. He knew that simple truth.

It was a guide for those so long ago, and for us, it still can be.
If we follow where it leads, I’m sure heavens where we’ll be.

©Cathy Brian- Dec. 2012

Merry Christmas this year from Roger, Cathy, Braden, Caib, Aubree, Chance, and Oaklee

1 comment:

Adams Family said...

I almost didn't check out everyone's blog today because nobody writes very often anymore but now I am glad that I did. The picture is hilarious too.