Sunday, March 29, 2009
Wednesday, March 25, 2009
Now, Don't think I'm heartless. You have to understand. I've raised many doggies and I've babied each one and loved each one and I've even spent 1/3 of each hour today taking care of this little lamb so it nearly breaks my heart every time one dies. Now, I would say out of every 4-5 doggies only one will survive, and normally that's worth it both financially and emotionally, but the way things are now it costs more to raise doggies then to not.
As far as emotionally well........."And if it so be that ye should labor all your days......and bring, save it be one soul unto me, How great shall be your joy...."
I would never turn any Doggie away. I think that Roger knows that. That's why he just keeps bringing them home and ignoring my premature,broken hearted whining.
Sunday, March 22, 2009
Saturday, March 21, 2009
I love this dog. We had reservations about getting a Labrador because they're such big dogs(we like Medium to small, though, not toy) But I haven't regretted it yet except for the normal puppy annoyings.
It may be hard to see in the pictures, but there is definitely something magnetic about the place.
And the pictures are so darn cute. Oh that's just my kids!
O.K. I got to this point and realized I haven't put any pictures of The baby, and She came with us, but we wore her out.
Caib and Roger missed out they went to a Bull sale in Salina. I'm sure they think were the ones who missed out. Dad and Caib just got back with the new bull His papered name is Great Plains.
Wednesday, March 18, 2009
Monday, March 16, 2009
Friday, March 13, 2009
I'm racing with the season.
It's still so cold and windy, too.
The weather just aint pleasin',
And I rush for warmer weather.
I want grass that's green and lush.
I long for those spring time flowers
Instead of brown grass and brush,
But one thing that I'll always love
'Bout this time of each fresh year,
Are the joyful expectations,
Of new life that's almost here.
It's always anticipation
That makes the wait worth while.
And the miracle that follows,
Brings meaning to the trial.
I thought maybe you'd all enjoy the wait with me. The horses Name is Buck, but despite that she is still expecting and so I share with you the anticipation. She should Foal any day now. I'll keep ya posted.
Wednesday, March 11, 2009
Tuesday, March 10, 2009
Restrictions and Limitations:
1. I make no guarantees that you will like what I make!
2. What I create will be just for you.
3. It will be done this year.
4. You have no clue what it's going to be, because I don't even know what it's going to be!
5. I reserve the right to do something extremely strange.
The Catch: You must re-post this on your blog and offer the same to the first 3 people who comment on your post and agree to do the same!So get ready for your mystery treat... but be prepared to share the love! Oh, and be sure to post a picture of what you get when you get it.
Just remember, I've got a year to do this and it may take that long. Then again..........
The person that I commented on left me with an out so I guess I'll leave my commenters with an out. (I have to be careful I don't get many comments) You don't have to do anything if you don't want to. Just Say Something.........Anything!!
Just kidding. I've been trying to be more giving anyway, so when I had the opportunity to do this, I thought I'd give it a try.
Monday, March 9, 2009
The phone rang one weeknight a couple of weeks ago and Caib answered it. I sat and listened as he talked briefly(typical for Caib) and then hung up the phone. "Who was that?" I asked.
"That was my teacher from school" He mumbles.
Then: "Mom, do you think Dad would let me have a Goat?"
"What?" I asked, wondering where the Idea of a goat suddenly came from. I expect Maybe dogs or possibly a horse, but a goat?
"Well, my teacher has a goat and she's worried that it's getting mean and will hurt her kids so she wondered if we want it."
Trying to avoid giving the wrong answer and watching Caib closely to try to see how he feels about this goat I reply: "You probably better ask your Dad."
Well, after some debate about the gender of the goat and where exactly Caibs teacher lived, Dad decided Caib could have the goat. After all, it is edible(so we thought and as if I could even bear the thought)
The very next Saturday Dad and the boys went and got this mean goat. Brought him home and staked him out by the fence(not steaked).
"He's tiny" was my first comment. He's, ruffly the size of a large Australian Shepherd.
"Yeah, well he's a pygmy goat. If I'd have known that......" Says Dad.
So, after church and dinner the next day Braden and Caib decided it would be fun to take this new goat on a walk. They did. I think every neighbor that drove by and saw them out walking their goat got the biggest kick out of it. At least there were some comments from the neighbors, as they laughingly told Dad what they'd seen.
But, despite everything. The little guy has the biggest attitude I've ever seen. And, he is tough Oh, yeah. Look out you big mangy cows he'll take any one of you down. I mean look at the size of his horns.
I can't help but love this little guy, who's horns reach to about my knees, I love his beard and those eyes.....very, very wise. Hm...........or devious well, anyway, I think I have the inspiration I need for the story I've been longing to write.
Thursday, March 5, 2009
It's those cowboys!
they've got their bb guns they load them with hay. you may be saying "What are you talking about."
they take a piece of hay straw stick it half way in to the barrel. So it's poking out half way and then fire. The results: a very lame bullet that goes about fifteen feet. If you aim high and kind of aim with a lob. But tell me they look good. I mean look at their stance. Their form is perfect and they look dangerous. right?
Tuesday, March 3, 2009
.2. Slept under the stars? Of course
3. Played in a band? Yep! first chair clarinet(sometimes) in Junior High.
4. Visited Hawaii? No, to touristy I'd rather go to Tonga
5. Watched a meteor shower? Yes, Mom woke us up in the middle of the night to watch them all the time. That's how I got so interested in them.(this is the same answer as my moms)
6. Given more than you can afford to charity? No. I don't consider family "Charity"
7. Been to Disneyland? No
8. Climbed a mountain? YES, climbed up Timp, and slid down a glacier on the back side.
9. Held a praying mantis?Yes, I love Praying Mantises.Hate grasshoppers but love Mantises
10. Sang a solo? Not intentionally.
11. Bungee jumped? No.
12. Visited Paris? No.
.13. Watched a lightning storm at sea? yes, Hurricane in Texas.
14. Taught yourself an art from scratch? Lot's if art really is an expression of self.
15. Adopted a child? seriously thought about it but, no.
16. Had food poisoning? Yes, Horrible.
17. Walked to the top of the Statue of Liberty? No.
18. Grown your own vegetables? Yes. I'm married to a rancher/farmer
.19. Seen the Mona Lisa in France? No.
20. Slept overnight on a train? Nope.
21. Sluffed school? yes, under the guise of deathly ill, and only if my Mom knew.
22. Hitch hiked? no It scares me.
23. Taken a sick day when you're not ill? No.
24. Have a favorite book? Lots. but My all time favorite is an old book I read as a child called Clematis.
25. Held a lamb? Uh.....yeah we own 500 sheep I've been a surrogate mom for the dang I mean sweet things.
26. Gone skinny dipping? Yes. one of my favorite things to do.
27. Run a Marathon? No
28. Ridden a gondola in Switzerland? No
29. Seen a total eclipse? Yes, and when it was over went skinny dipping (just kidding I was dressed so was Amy she didn't want to go swimming I helped her)
30. Watched a sunrise or sunset? Yes.
31. Hit a home run? Yep
32. Been on a cruise? No, only the ferry to Alaska.
33. Seen Niagra Falls in person ? No.
34. Visited the birthplace of your ancestors? Yes, some of them
35.seen Amish country? From an Airplane.
36. Taught yourself a new language? not sos you could understand me
.37. Had enough money to be truly satisfied?I'd be satisfied if money didn't exist
.38. Seen the Leaning Tower of Pisa in person? No.
39. Gone rock climbing? yes,
.40. Seen Michelangelo’s David? No.
41. Sung karaoke? No
.42. Seen Old Faithful geyser erupt? Yeah, Our one family vacation there we pulled up to Old Faithful Jumped out of the V.W. bus it errupted We jumped back in to the V.W. bus and drove on.
.43. Bought a stranger a meal at a restaurant? No but Someone bought Roger and me dinner at weingers once and someday I'm going to.
.44. Visited Africa? No.
45. Walked on a beach by moonlight? Yes, in Oregon, Alaska, California, Washington, Georgia, Texas and hopefully more before I die. I love the beach
46. Been transported in an ambulance? Yes, I got hit by a car when I was 4
.47. Had your portrait painted? No,
.48. Gone deep sea fishing? Yes a lot and everytime I get deathly ill
.49. Seen the Sistine Chapel in person? No.
50. Been to the top of the Eiffel Tower in Paris? No
.51. Gone scuba diving or snorkeling? Yes, I loved it .
52. Kissed in the rain? I've been to Southeast Alaska with my husband, of course.
53. Played in the mud? yes, yes, yes.
54. Gone to a drive-in theater? Many times.
55. Been in a movie? filmstrips and some educational show on abuse or something. I can't remember what it was all I know is that a few years later we were watching some show in Home Ec. in the eighth grade and there I was.
56. Visited the Great Wall of China? No,
57. Started a business? a yard business
58. Taken a martial arts class? yes Ha Ya!!!
59. Visited Russia? No.
60. Served at a soup kitchen? No.
61. Sold Girl Scout Cookies? No.
62. Gone whale watching? Yes, in Alaska.
64. Donated blood, platelets or plasma? No.
65. Gone sky diving? No.
66. Visited a Nazi concentration camp? No.
67. Bounced a check?probably
.68. Flown in a helicopter? No
69. Saved a favorite childhood toy? yes a green mouse
.70. Visited the Lincoln Memorial? Not yet
.71. Eaten Caviar? No.and never will
72. Pieced a quilt? I've tried
.73. Stood in Times Square? No.
74. Toured the Everglade? No.
75. Been fired from a job? No.
76. Seen the Changing of the Guards in London? No.
77. Broken a bone? yes, crushed nose.
.78. Been on a speeding motorcycle? it sure felt like it.
79. Seen the Grand Canyon in person? Ive tried to twice
.80. Published a book? I'm in the process of trying to
.81. Visited the Vatican? No.
82. Bought a brand new car?no
83. Walked in Jerusalem? No.
84. Had your picture in the newspaper? Several times.
85. Read the entire Bible? Yes.
86. Visited the White House? No
87. Killed and prepared an animal for eating? yes fish.
.88. Had chickenpox? Yes.
89. Saved someone’s life? who knows if they'd have died.
90. Sat on a jury? No.
!91. Met someone famous? yes world record holders in the discuss throw. Heck, I used to be famous, .92. Joined a book club? No.
93. Lost a loved one? Yes.
94. Had a baby? yep 5
.95. Seen the Alamo in person?Someday!
96. Swam in the Great Salt Lake? yes
.97. Been involved in a law suit? Nope, thank heavens 98. Owned a cell phone?yes
99. Been stung by a bee? Yes and I'm horribly allergic to them.
100. One cavity or less? Are you Kidding?
whew!!!!! That's a long one O.K. Amy Adams You finally have a reason to blog, I'm tagging you.
and I'm not previewing this I'm to tired of sitting here at the computer.
Monday, March 2, 2009
This morning this was what he came up with. "Hey Mom, what letter is this?"
I glanced over and after a brief pause say Oohh... that's a 'U'."
"O.K., Mom what letter is this?"
was his next question.
"well, what is it" I asked him and to make Grandma happy..."and what sound does it make?"
and then this is the one that amazed me.(but not the attitude)
"And what letter is this, Mom?"
Originally he tucked that dog leash up there so that he could pretend he was riding in a train and that was the whistle. but when he pulled down on it and saw what it looked like you could see the light go on. That's when the questions began, though he already knew the answers.
Sunday, March 1, 2009
Now every time I blog I will think about Aubree.